Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Corn Dog Muffins

I know this is not craft related but here it is anyways.  I saw the idea of mini corn dogs using mini muffins and a box corn muffin mix. I wanted to make these but I didn't have a mini muffin tin and wanted to make my own batter. I used my own corn dog batter recipe, cut the hot dogs into small pieces and used a regular muffin tin.  These are a super easy way to have a healthy corn dog! :)
Here is the recipe I used. 
1 1/2 C. FLOUR
1 T. BAKING POWDER
3 T. SUGAR
1 TSP. SALT
1/2 C. CORNMEAL
MILK
8 OZ. HOTDOGS, CUT INTO SMALL PIECES

Mix the first 5 ingredients. Add enough milk to make a thick batter. I am sorry I don't measure the milk I just make it thick, not runny. Mix the cut up hotdogs into batter. Spoon into muffin tins 1/2 - 3/4 full. I do spray mine with a nonstick cooking spray. I get about 12 - 14. I doubled my batch this time so I could put some in the freezer for quick snacks/meals for the kids.

I baked mine at 400* for about 15 minutes.  I used a dark silicone muffin pan so you may need to adjust your temp according to your pan and oven. 

This batter recipe can be used as a corn dog or mini corn dog batter recipe to use in your fryer. That was the way I used this to begin with. We always made mini corn dogs. 

NOTE FOR DAY CARE MOMS
I served these to my daycare kids and they loved them. I used turkey dogs. Each muffin is just over 1/2 ounce meat so I served cheese as well. I am sure it is a full serving of bread, maybe more. I have not sent it in yet but I made sure I knew how much protein they were getting. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome! Going to print out the recipe and try it out this week! My son is a hot dog fanatic!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete